Thank you for joining us for the 8th Annual Walk For the Bu
DATE: Saturday, October 5th, 2019
WHERE: Bear Creek Park, 13750 88th Ave, Surrey, BC
TIME: Registration opens at 10:00AM
WALK TIME: 11:00AM
BBQ after the walk in the afternoon.
Please download the pledge forms to start your fundraising for the event from friends, family and others.
Please link and share with your friends!
‘Walk For the Bu’ is a 5KM Walkathon and fundraiser in Bear Creek Park. The event provides KBNF with the resources we need to continue making medical miracles in West Africa by delivering life-saving medical support.
Korle-Bu Neuroscience Foundation is a charity saving lives by tackling the most complicated medical conditions in West Africa and beyond: brain and spine.
- Surgery: Performing neurosurgery for those with no other hope, through medical missions
- Supplies: Delivering medical equipment to hospitals and health centres on the front lines
- Support: Equipping local neurosurgeons and health workers through training, education and funding.
– This year, more than 5 million patients will have no access to qualified neurosurgeons – resulting in otherwise avoidable disability and death.
– Africa accounts for 15% of the global neurosurgical disease, but has access to less than 1% of the global neurosurgeon community while the US and Canada have 1 neurosurgeon for every 69,000 people…
– Africa has just one Neurosurgeon for every 2,028,000 people. Liberia has a single neurosurgeon for the entire country of 4.8 million.
KBNF wants to change these facts. Walk with us and help make a difference.
What we have accomplished so far:
- Transported 38+ shipping containers of medical equipment overseas, an estimated retail value of $17,100,000
- Partnered globally to facilitate the construction of a $213 Million USD modern hospital in Ghana
- Helped more than 600 neuroscience patients, and supported 10,000 others seeking medical care
- Directly supported 10 neurosurgeons and offered training to 2000+ local nurses and medic
Join us for a day of fun, food and helping make a difference!