“To alleviate the suffering of West Africans with a special focus on those affected by diseases of the brain and spine and to address related health care issues.”
We are committed to supporting health care infrastructure for the region by partnering with West African champions in the development of sustainable neuroscience and health care delivery. We support neuro specialist education and training for the doctors, nurses and other health care professionals who work in their homelands.
We are committed to the establishment of a neuro rehabilitation service in Ghana focused primarily on delivering rehabilitation for stroke patients. We believe that a basic requirement of sustainable health care is Heart Power, caring with your heart, caring with compassion.
Through the generosity of people like you, we provide immediate care that is helping to save lives.
KBNF has projects ongoing in West African countries Ghana, Liberia, & Nigeria.
- Education and Training
- Improving Health Care Infrastructure
- Medical Equipment & Supplies
- Research & Student Involvement
- I am just reflecting on the developmental needs of Ghana and decided to look up Sir Guggisberg’s achievement in the Gold Coast and the foundations he laid for the country we now call Ghana. I am overwhelmed with a sense of gratitude for the vision of one man which keeps growing year after year. Thank you for keeping this up.
- Best Doc ever! Thanks again Dr. KING FOR SAVING MY LIFE! I STILL HAVE 7 LIVES LEFT, RIGHT?
Nigerian Neurosurgery Unit Damaged in Fire!Tragic news, family! Our dear friends in Nigeria, Neurosurgeon Dr. David Udoh, his Head Nurse Priscilla and their staff came
University of Ghana Teaching Hospital ProjectWhen we started the Korle-Bu Neuroscience Foundation in 2000, we became aware that the issue of Neuroscience care in Ghana
A Thank You Letter from GhanaDear Marj. It was a great pleasure having you, Jocelyne, Danny, Karen, Dell Peter, Denise and Dr. Paul King in
Medical Mission 2016: Liberian Hospital VisitDear KBNF Family, Our Trip included several of us going to tour the hospitals in Liberia, West Africa. Many of
KBNF Team Mission UpdateDear KBNF Family & Friends, We are in Ghana! Our team started off with air travel, where they met up
Korle-Bu Neuroscience Foundation is a Canadian medical Charity dedicated to developing Brain & Spinal care, education and medical equipment support in West Africa. Volunteer run, donations to Korle-Bu Neuroscience Foundation make a maximum impact overseas.